Sunday, February 21, 2010

2 Cloth Diaper Accessories People Wait Too Long To Get

When you start your cloth diaper stash there are two accessories that people usually choose to wait on.  One- The diaper sprayer and Two- Cloth Wipes.  After being a cloth newbie myself for a while I realized why these products are so integral to your cloth diaper experience.

1) The Diaper Sprayer- What is a diaper sprayer exactly? It is a life saver as far as I'm concerned. It means no more dunking dirty diapers, rinsing them in the tub, or dunking again. It's a sprayer that you use to spray the poop off of your diaper so it's washer ready.   It has a million other uses too. I use mine to clean the tub and spray it down. Same for the toilet and the sink. It also helps with mopping. Spray the floor down then mop up. Yes the water is from your toilet but it's the clean water in the tank you're using. I got a diaper sprayer about two months in and I'm not sure how I lived without it. Being able to spray the poop off and have a clean diaper was awesome for me. It still is.  In short, don't forget your diaper sprayer when you start using cloth.

2) Cloth wipes.  I know most of you are thinking you'll probably just keep using disposables but you won't I promise. Once you feel the ease of tossing everything into a diaper bag no separating required, you'll love cloth wipes.  They get the mess off in one wipe, no matter how bad the diaper. Then once all is said and done you just toss it all in your pail. You don't have to separate out the disposable wipes from the cloth diapers.  I would recommend buying nice ones over cutting up blankets because those edges fray and it gets harder and harder to use them. But either way, make sure to stock up on cloth wipes.

Your stash won't be fully complete without a sprayer and wipes. Give them a try no matter what the naysayers may say. We even have a GREAT diaper sprayer on our website so check that out too. Enjoy being fully prepared for cloth and not having poop all over due to no sprayer!

2 comments:

Shaina said...

Yes! From now on I'm going to encourage both cloth wipes and the diaper sprayer when I talk about cloth diapering.

I just started using cloth wipes this week and love them. Don't know why I didn't use them before... haha. And...I just told my husband today that we need to buy one of those diaper sprayers. When dunking diapers doesn't work...what else is there to do? Perhaps the sprayer will help with that dilemma.

bidetsprayerman said...

Bathroomsprayers.com has the best selection of Diaper/Bidet Sprayers which are actually hand bidet sprayers meant to be used to clean yourself, not a diaper originally. Great way to save allot of money on toilet paper and help the environment. They even have some stainless steel models that come with a 5 year warranty = the best in the industry!