Friday, July 29, 2011

Birth Story - Out of Hospital Birth


After 2 c-sections and a disturbing vaginal birth with many interventions, I resorted to what my heart had been telling me to do from the beginning.

With the pregnancy of my 4th child, I researched my birth options. Within that 9 months I saw 2 CNMs and their overseeing physicians, 2 OB-GYNs, a perinatologist, and a CPM. None of them - except one - could I trust with the birth of this child.

I was not willing to give up my freedom to birth naturally, nor did I want a fight on my hands during labor - which I was all to familiar with - so I chose an out-of-hospital birth with the CPM.

When we arrived at the birth house it was 11pm. We rested some before I had to move around. I labored in the tub until I was checked at 7am and dilated to 8cm. I was in awe, for I had never gotten this far on my own.

However, I did have a nasty cervical lip. After 4 hours of my midwife holding up that lip and pushing, I delivered a 10lb baby boy.

I had no tears, no episiotomy, no epidural, no suction extraction. This is all an amazing feat given that this baby was one and half pounds bigger than my biggest.

It was an amazing oppourtunity that my midwife gave me. It was an oppourtunity that I had not been given in the past. I was given the support, the care, and the time to birth my child. What a lovely gift my midwife has given me and my precious baby boy.

by Shannon Zeeb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Official YouTube Channel of Karen's Body Beautiful

Karen's Body Beautiful offers a wide array of award-winning natural, luxurious, emollient-rich products for hair, bath and body.
Karen's Body Beautiful products don't contain sulfates, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, DEA or artificial color. The products are cruelty-free and not tested on animals.
Entrepreneur and educator Karen Tappin-Saunderson founded Karen's Body Beautiful, and in just seven short years, transformed her natural body and hair care line from a modest home-based business to a blossoming enterprise with robust internet sales. Karen decided to create all natural alternatives to incorporate into her gift baskets.
Karen is a highly sought after speaker and has participated in a number of business-related lectures and panels. She's also an active community volunteer and continues to work extensively with urban youth, particularly teenage girls. Her company and products have been profiled in a myriad of publication

Also Follow the bellow products
natural hair, afro, twist out, crochet braids, curl definition, long natural hair, natural hair growth, natural hair tutorial, curly hair, length check, dry natural hair, cornrow, blow outr, natural hair regimen