Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time for Gratitude - Sweet Clingy-ness

Ok, so I have so many things I’m thankful for and want to write about that I honestly am having a difficult time narrowing it down.

Today, though, I am thinking about Porter, our youngest who is almost 20 months. He is such a little lover, and I just adore his personality – he’s got a big one – ha! He’s so funny in so many ways, and I think he’s going to be an entertainer of some kind for sure. My husband and I were marveling the other day at how when he “pounds” on the piano, it actually sounds like music. He’s really starting to talk a lot more, and for the most part is even understandable. This morning when I sneezed he said “Bess Ooo” (Bless You). Melt my heart.


Anyway, he is going through a super-clingy stage and almost always wants to be held, or at least be snuggling or something. I have a feeling most of you mothers out there know exactly what I’m talking about. I think every child goes through it at some point, but for some reason Porter’s “stage” is lasting a seemingly very long time. Maybe it’s just the degree of his clingy-ness that’s making it seem so long. I don’t know. What I do know, though, is that I’m doing my very best not to get frustrated. This season in life only lasts for the blink of an eye, and then it will be over and we’ll be on to other things.

As I type this, he and his big sister are cleaning up their plastic toy food that they were having a picnic with, running around squealing and cheering with excitement because of my excitement and proudness that they are doing it on their very own. I love watching them interact while they learn to work together.

I look forward to the day when he isn’t quite so clingy, but until then, I’ll be thankful for baby wraps so my arms don’t have to get so tired, and I’ll take my days one at a time and do my best to enjoy Every. Single. Minute.


No comments: