Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Ok, so it's been awhile since I've posted anything due to Christmas and New Years and all kinds of family things going on. What a wonderful holiday season! Vienna said to me (numerous times) "Mommy, this is the best Christmas ever!" I pray you all had your best Christmas ever too!

Now that we are actually in to the new year (2012 - WHOA!), we are in a time that many people see as a new beginning of sorts. It's like a fresh start to live the way you have been wanting to live - or at least try - ha!. I have never been a really good "resolution keeper" - if I even take the time to think of a resolution, it usually is out the window by mid-February. This year I think I'm going to try it out, though. Instead of setting a resolution like I have so many times in the past (the usual: eat healthier, loose 20 lbs, exercise every day, etc) I'm going to take a different approach.

My resolution is to write down my goals - both short term and long term. This will be an ongoing and ever-changing list, but I'm going to start out with ten short term goals and ten long term goals. These goals will range from gaining my childbirth educator certification to being more attentive to my kids to taking a mission trip someday to reading the entire Bible.

This year I want to begin a new start to how I approach things...I want to be more organized, and in turn be a better mother to my children and a better wife to my husband. I believe that by writing things down and posting these goals in a place where I can see them every day, they won't get "lost" in the daily shuffle of life and I won't forget about them.

I also will have some goals regarding this blog and helping you all in the best possible way I can. I want to bring you the most up to date and relevant information regarding everything from pregnancy to childbirth to cloth diapering to nursing to just being the best mommy you can be!

So, with that, I hope that you, too, have some resolutions that you can keep and that will better your life! I hope that this year I can help make your life a little bit easier in some way. Feel free to send me an email with any topic you are really interested in (media@elegantmommy.com) and would more information on. Also, let us know what your resolution or goals are for this year...by sharing, I believe we can help inspire others!

With that, here's to a happy, healthy, and blessed 2012! **cheers**

~Evie DeWitt

No comments: