Monday, May 21, 2012

Childbirth Professional Day - Meet Tracie Kruempel


What is your Childbirth Profession?
I am a Birth Doula.

Describe your profession and why someone would want to choose your profession for support in pregnancy and/or childbirth?
 A doula is a hired professional support person that is available during the pregnancy, birth and newborn period. They provide emotional, physical and informational support to the mother and her partner. A doula can offer help and advice on comfort measures such as breathing, relaxation, movements and positioning during labor. Doulas are specialized in non-medical skills and do not perform clinical tasks.

Why did you get started in your profession?
 I loved being pregnant and wanted to continue to learn more about birth after my fourth child. So after several months of searching I came across a doula. It just took off from there. I want women to feel trusted, listened to and empowered to make decisions that impact their own bodies and babies.
I am completely dedicated to you and your plan, whatever it is. This is your birth story and I want to make it as positive for you as I can.  This is a truly personal, intimate and life-changing moment for you and it is essential that you are truly comfortable with me and can talk with me at ease.

In detail, what is your personal childbirth philosophy?
Every birth is unique and I am totally honored and blessed when asked to be a part of something so personal.  I believe any women who has the desire can achieve natural childbirth and benefit greatly from it, as long as there are no limited medical problems, and she has the proper support. It is about understanding the process and believing in yourself.

Natural childbirth is a highly rewarding accomplishment. The experience of an unmedicated birth is well worth the inherent effort, yet mothers cannot always control the circumstances or interventions that may alter the path of their goals.  With this in mind, I support natural childbirth while encouraging mothers to focus on the outcome, holding their new baby in their arms.

If you could tell all pregnant women in the world something, what would it be?
Trust your body and surround yourself with people that honor you. 

How long have you been in your profession? Are you certified? If yes, by who?
I am working towards my doula certification through Doulas of North America (DONA).

Do you have a business name? How can people contact you for pregnancy and childbirth support?

Tracie Kruempel, Belly to Birth Doula Service
                               
People can contact me at www.bellytobirthbeyond@hotmail.com or call me at 605.759.7408

Facebook: Belly to Birth Doula Service   

Where do you practice?

I provide support you in your home before you go to the hospital or once you are at the hospital. I take clients from Sioux Falls and surrounding areas.

No comments: