Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Open Letter to My Son

Hey sweet boy.

I don’t know how to put everything I feel and want for you into words, but here goes….

You have one of the funnest and funniest personalities I’ve ever known. I love how you react (ok – over-react) to so many things…your facial expressions are hilarious, your squeals of excitement, and your animation give my heart so much joy! You have *the* best laugh, and your smile can light up a room.

You have such a gift in that you are amazingly tender and loving, but also very much have a mind of your own and are SO smart. Your hugs and excitement to see me make my day, and even though you sometimes throw unnecessary fits…I understand that’s just because you’re two, and I try to just love on you more. I am confident that you will grow into a boy and man that will be strong and know his own mind, but who will also have sincere and beautiful compassion for those who need it.


I love guessing what you will be when you grow up. Yes, I know that you are planning on being a super hero, but I could also see you being so many things. I definitely think you will be athletically gifted like your daddy and maybe be a basketball player like him, or will it be baseball? It’s also very clear at this young age that you have some musical talent, and I can’t wait to see you blossom in that way as well. Will you be a scholar? Will you be a writer? Will you be a music star? Or maybe a doctor or legislator or speaker that helps thousands of people? Only God knows what your path will be, and my prayer for you is that you listen to Him, and follow the path He lays out for you. You are so gifted in so many ways, and I just want you to know how much I love you and that I will always be here for you…to encourage and love you, pick you up when you need me to, and watch you grow. I promise to do my best to give you the space you need to become your own person and to help you only when you need it.

It is because of you that I became a mommy of “children”, and I simply couldn’t be happier. My pregnancy with you and your birth is what has led me on my amazing journey, and is how I discovered God’s plan for my own life.

You are such a light in not only my life, but the lives of our whole family, and for now, I promise to let you be little

Love
~Mommy

P.s. I think you would make a fantastic super hero!

3 comments:

Renee Graf said...

That is so awesome Evie!! You are such an awesome loving mother, sister, wife, daughter and friend! I am very proud to say you are MY sister and I hope I can share your knowledge and kindness with all my pregnant friends :) love you to pieces! I am proud of you for following your dreams!

Evie said...

Oh, Renee - you make me cry! In a good way :) Love you!!

Beth said...

My goodness - both of you make me cry.... Great letter - as always!