Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Time for Gratitude - School...(but not yet)!!

This week most schools in the area have begun classes, so all of the neighbor girls (who babysit regularly, but also just come over to hang out and play with the kids cuz they like to) are no longer coming over to play during the day, the streets are a little quieter in the mornings and early afternoon, and the sounds of the school bus can be heard stopping right in front of our house (every single morning at the exact same time) to pick up the neighbor kids who ride it.

It's a little difficult to believe, but Vienna is *almost* old enough to start school! She will be five in January *sniff* (will someone PLEASE slow this down?!), so will be able to go to kindergarten.

Even so, we have made the decision to home-school, so we will begin some preschool this year......

............but not yet!

I plan to start doing some preschool stuff for a couple hours a day this year so we are easier able to adjust next year when it will be more than just a couple hours and we'll be following a specific curriculum.

But I have to work up to it. It's not like I don't have anything else to do, as you might imagine. I am very blessed to do Elegant Mommy & Educated Mommy's social marketing from home, and I also have my doula clients, my sewing business to keep up with, and I'm also working on my childbirth educator training, plus Vienna starts Wednesday night kids' church this year which I said I would help with. Yikes! Seriously...if only there was more time in a day!

Anyway, we have made the decision to begin her pre-school in mid-September so I have a little more time to figure out how I'm going to need to structure our days....right now things are pretty flexible, and they are simply going to need to be a bit more rigid, I'm thinking, if this is going to work.

I'm SO excited and grateful that I have the flexibility as a work at home mom to home-school our kids, and I'm even more grateful that I have a little more time to figure it all out!

~Evie

No comments: