Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Participant - Simply Birth



What is the name of your business and what products do you make (or services do you provide)?
Simply Birth.  I teach the Bradley Method® of Natural Childbirth classes.

What makes your products or services stand out – what makes them special?
I am on the only Bradley teacher for the eastern half of South Dakota.  The Bradley Method® is a "husband (or partner) coached childbirth" method so it's great at preparing not just mom, but also dad for labor and birth.  It's awesome to see couples work together as a team to bring their child into the world.  When a baby is born, it's not just the birth of a baby, but the birth of a family too!  The Bradley Method also has an 87% unmedicated rate.  It works!

Tell us about the history of your business/company…how did it start?
Dr. Robert Bradley created the Bradley Method® in the 1950's and has been taught in Sioux Falls for the last 10-15 years.  I have been teaching for a year and a half.

If you are a small business or Work at Home Mom, tell us how you make it all work with your family, kiddos, activities, and other life obligations
My husband is a "Bradley" dad himself and has been my rock through my two labors.  So seeing that this method works, he knows the importance of teaching it to other couples.  He supports me by taking care of the kids and the house as I teach weekly classes, attend conferences and workshops and prepare my teaching material.  Oh, and afternoon naps allow me time to do the computer work I need to :)

How can someone find out more about your products/services? What is your website?
You can go to www.simplybirthsd.com to find more information as well as register for classes.

No comments: