Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful November - U


I am thankful for the Unexpected.

I love to plan.  I love it when things go as planned. I want all the t’s crossed and i’s dotted. 

That being said, I am thankful for the unexpected.  If I allow myself to relax and let the unexpected things not stress me, it is amazing what joy comes.  Whether it is a big unexpected, such as when we found out we were expecting our 3rd child or a small unexpected such as guests for dinner or a change in schedule, I can choose to enjoy or stress out.  

By choosing to enjoy I find unexpected blessings in deeper friendships, special moments with my children, and things that I couldn't have made happen even if I planned.  I am also finding great joy in planning unexpected moments for my children; the note next to their bed that they see when they first wake up, the surprise day trip, the spontaneous dance party. I believe that by helping them go with the flow then when some not so fun unexpecteds appear, we can look together to find the joy in the situation.  

So I choose to like the unexpected even though it sometimes makes my blood pressure rise for a few minutes.  I take a deep breath and just go for it.


~ Katie Brown 

No comments: