Friday, January 25, 2013

Consignment? Yes, please!

Guess what?!

Beginning this year we've changed our buying policy for maternity clothing resale!

Many of you already know how we used to do things because you sold to us. However, for those of you who don't know, I'll give you a little rundown here.

Up until this year, we would have you make an appointment, we would estimate how much we could sell your items for, then pay you a percentage of the estimate. That meant that we owned them at that point and would sell however worked for the store.

Since we've switched to consignment, things are just a little different. We will accept your clothing (still by appointment), but instead of paying you based on what we estimate we can sell your items for, we will pay you a percentage of what we *actually* sell your items for. Because of this switch, our sellers will likely get a higher return on their items - woot!

Now, I have never personally sold anything on consignment. I have, however, done a *lot* of consignment buying. In fact, it's by far my favorite kind of store to shop in. I mean, what could be better? You get great looking clothes in great shape for great prices! I'm generally not a very good shopper for myself. I don't shop for myself very often, so my clothes get pretty worn out by the time I buy new ones. I don't know why I do that, I just do. So, even though I've never had a chance to consign any clothing myself, if I had some nice clothes to get rid of, consigning is *definitely* the way I'd go!

So, whether you have some cute maternity clothes to get rid of (ALL sizes) or are just looking for some inexpensive items to cover your cute baby bump, come on in for consigned clothing! Call us to set up an appointment if you are interested in selling, or you can just come on in anytime we are open to shop.

We are really excited about this change, and we think you will like it too!

~Evie

No comments: