Monday, January 6, 2014

Here's to More Ups than Downs

Can you believe it's already the 6th of JANUARY in 2014?!

What the what?

I absolutely cannot imagine where time even goes. I mean how in the world can it already be 2014? It seems like I was just newly pregnant for the first time, moving across the country back to SD in the blazing heat of the summer of 2007. That's almost *SEVEN* years ago!

As time keeps just slipping away, I can't help but wonder what the next 7 years will bring. What kinds of ups and downs will there be? The last 7 years have been chock full of them. Honestly there have been more downs than ups, but the ups have been SO wonderful that they more than make up for the plethora of downs. And that's what matters, right?

I feel so abundantly blessed in so many ways that it's difficult to dwell on what didn't go exactly my way for whatever reason.

And now since it's the beginning of a new year, it's time to talk and think about new year's resolutions.

Most of the things that are talked about are things that we are going to do: loose weight, be healthier, live life to the fullest, take more chances, enjoy the "little" things more, spend more time with the kids, work less, play more, etc, etc.

I saw a post that got me to thinking - someone in my news feed asked what if we resolved to "stop doing something" instead of doing something. I have been trying to think of things that would fit into this category for me.

I could stop being so critical of myself. I could stop yelling at my kids as much as I do. I could stop getting frustrated with my husband. I could stop being so guarded with my friends and family and tell them all how I really feel about them and how much they mean to me and what I'm really thinking about things. I could stop being so disorganized and inefficient with my time. I could stop worrying about so many things and go to my Maker in prayer instead.

I could stop doing a lot of things.

Heck, I could start doing a lot of things.

But you know what I'm going to do instead?

I'm going to keep living my life. I'm going to continue to strive to be the best wife, mommy, daughter, sister, auntie, friend, employee, nurturer, encourager, prayer warrior, and all-around person that I can be. I'm going to do my best to improve myself every day, just as I have done for as long as I can remember. If I have a bad day, I'm going to pick myself up and start over again. January is the start of a new year and the time for a fresh start. But so is every morning. So is every afternoon and night. So is the beginning of every hour and every minute. It is *never* too late to start fresh in whatever you are doing. It is *never* too late to be better than you used to be.

I feel blessed to have such an amazing support system in my corner. Whenever I fall they are there to help me back up. Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed they are there to encourage me. Whenever I need to cry they are there with a shoulder for me. Whenever I'm feeling alone, they are there to remind me that I'm not. No matter what.

That's my prayer for you this year and today and every day. I pray that you can continue to be the best you can be. No matter what happens that you have the support you need to press on and do what the Good Lord calls you to do. No matter what your resolution or goal. You are beautiful and wonderful and we are all in this together!

You have a "village" here at Elegant Mommy, and we feel so blessed to be able to offer you encouragement and help in whatever area you need it in.

So here's to the New Year. May it be filled with blessings and new adventures and more ups than downs.

~Evie

No comments: