Monday, January 13, 2014

Kids are SO Funny

Oh, the things kids say.

They can make us laugh. Sometimes even complete with tears - ha!

I don't know about you, but I take complete joy in the things my kids say. The thing is, I'm absolutely HORRIBLE at writing their humorous quips down so I usually forget them. *sigh*

There are a few here and there, though, that I for whatever reason remember.

The other day was one.

Vienna and I were chatting on the couch. She was telling me about something (I can't remember what - imagine that), and somehow the topic of her foot came up. I think she told me it hurt or something. Anyway, we were looking at the sole of her sweet foot and she pointed at something and asked me what it was. I told her it was a wrinkle. She gave me the funniest look and said with all sincerity:  Wow - that's my *first* wrinkle - I must be getting old! (she turns six next week)



Seriously - in the moment it was SO difficult to keep my composure and not burst out laughing. What a precious sweetie. I just smiled and agreed that she was definitely getting older. She was so proud.

Another one was with Porter. We were walking through Toys-R-Us a couple months ago just perusing. We happened to be in a pink aisle with a lot of barbie stuff, I think. Anyway, there was a "rockstar" guitar on display. Porter, with his hands-on-hips, curled-Elvis-lip, super-serious way of saying some things pointed at the guitar and said: Hey - look at that! It can really ROCK.

It was SO funny!

Another time when Vienna was a very early talker - probably not long after Porter was born, so she was likely around 2 or so, I was going to the bathroom. As per normal I wasn't alone. As I finished, I pulled up my super old/worn out pink polka-dot underwear and she said: Mom, when I get a big butt like you can I have those beautiful panties?

Oh. My. Cow. I about died trying to stifle my laughter. I mean, I don't want my kids to think I'm laughing AT them when they say something hilarious - they are usually so sweet and serious. But dang, are they funny sometimes!

My most favorite of all time, though, is not even my kids, but my SIL's sweet daugher. This happened long before we had kiddos. My SIL and I were making lefse one day at her house. Her daughter was probably 1 1/2 or 2 - just starting to talk. She had just woken from her nap, my BIL (my husband's brother) just got home from work so she was super excited. She was thirsty, so her mom got her a drink in a glass. She had it cupped in her arm, and as she walked across the kitchen floor she tripped on the dog and spilled a little. She then bent over to "move" the dog (a big boxer who wasn't going anywhere - ha!), and of course proceeded to dump the whole glass of water on the floor (remember it was cupped in her arm?). Her whole face crinkled up with tears and she said (in her super adorable just-starting-to-talk sort of way): Sh*t! Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t!

I tell you what - my sister in law and I were SO glad that her husband was there to "deal" with it. We both had to turn away and neither of us could stifle our laughter. We were both shaking and literally had to leave the room. It was probably the single funniest kid-moment I've witnessed to date. I'm seriously giggling to myself as I type this.

So. Funny.

Ok, so what are your favorite funny-kid-moments? What have they said or done that made you laugh? What do you do if it's something that you really shouldn't be laughing at?

My most favorite thing though? Laughing WITH my kids. We sometimes get into giggle fits and just can't stop. Usually it's at bedtime. Go figure ;)

Ok, so share, share, share! We wanna hear your stories!

~Evie

No comments: