Monday, June 2, 2014

This Mama is TIRED!

We had such a fun weekend around here!

We did a bit of a switch-eroo with the kiddos, and what a treat it was for everyone :)

My 6 year old and my sister's 4 year old daughter went with my mom out to Gillette, WY for my other niece's birthday.
Vienna at a park
They had an amazing time (so I hear - ha!). It sounds as though there was a lot of jumping on trampolines, swimming in super-awesome swimming pools, sliding on slides and playing in parks, not to mention going to hang out with their wonderful-amazing second cousins too! The girls didn't get much sleep, but great fun was had by all, and it was a lovely birthday celebration for my niece.

So....while there was a girls' weekend in WY, we had a boys weekend here at our house.

My sister and her husband had a wedding to go to, so I took their 16-month-old son here. That means I was the only "girl", and like my husband told our son when he was feeling lonely for his big sister, girls are "yucky". Apparently. Ha! So, my husband didn't have to work most of the weekend until Sunday morning, and we had a 4 year old and toddler boy running around. What a hoot!

I would be lying if I said that having a toddler around again was easy and a piece of cake. He sure was fun to have around, but holy moly. He was into ev.er.y.thing. He also likes to climb. On ev.er.y.thing.

He discovered our piano and just couldn't leave it alone. So we had a full weekend of beautiful and awesome toddler-music. He would pull out the bench (which is very heavy, by the way - completely full of sheet music and books), climb up, and give us his concert. It was so sweet! Then usually he would try to climb up further before I would stop him. I'm sure he would have been on the top of the piano if I had let him - ha! And he only fell off backward once. He cried for about a minute then went right back to doing it again. He's SO funny!

One of his other favorite activities was playing with a big ball that our son recently got. We have a long straightaway in our house from the front door to the back door. The two boys would run up and down the entire length of the house and kick the ball along the way. Of course the dog would join in, and it was delightful chaos. It was really fun seeing Porter in a "big brother" kind of role. He definitely got some good practice and insight to what it's going to be like when Jellybean arrives in October :)

The boys
So we had a great weekend and I had some delicious toddler snuggles (it's REALLY awesome to rock babies to sleep!)

And I'm really glad to get back to normal.

I don't know if it is being pregnant, or just the extra energy it takes when watching someone else's precious baby. But last night when we got all the kids traded back to their normal spots, I was beat. I don't think I really noticed it that much while he was here. Once he was gone, though, I crashed. Hard.

I forgot how much a toddler requires of you. And we are starting all over again with a newborn in a few months! At least we'll be able to ease back in to the toddler years :).

How was your weekend?

~Evie

No comments: