Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Letter to My Jellybean

Hi there, sweet baby...

I'm getting closer and closer to meeting your beautiful face and the excitement is building like you wouldn't even believe.

I can hardly wait to kiss your sweet cheeks, count your precious fingers and toes, and smell your intoxicating aroma of just being born. To hold you in my arms is going to be the most amazing and relieving feeling in the world. As you kick at my hand through my belly I can only imagine how you will move, cry, look, and blink up at me when you enter this world...

The way you will latch on to my breast for your nutrition and comfort....

The way you will snuggle into my neck....

The way you will kick your legs out and stretch like you try to now (but have run out of room!)....

The way you will grab my finger......

Dear Jellybean, the thought of you being here with us is one of the most joyous and loving thoughts in the whole world. I already love you with my whole heart and pray only the best for you and over you.

If you are anything like your big sister you will be bit of a social butterfly and absolutely adore being around people...much like your mama. If you are anything like your big brother you will probably prefer just being close to the ones you love and at home...more like your daddy. But maybe you'll be a combination of all of us, or maybe you'll be completely different. However you are, I will love you to the ends of the universe and back. My love absolutely has no end for you.

I'll be there to help you learn all about the world around you. I will lovingly caress you when you need comforting, I will be someone you can *always* trust.

I won't promise that I will never make mistakes. That would be foolish.... I *will* promise, however, that I will own up to my mistakes and show you that it's ok to be human. We all do things we shouldn't do. It's just important to learn from them and try to do better next time.

My sweet Jellybean, we are ready for you whenever you decide to come meet us all face to face. I feel like I know so much about you already. I'm SO looking forward to seeing your sweet self and learning more and more about who you are and who you will become.

All my love forever and always.
~Mommy


~Evie

No comments: